Mommies Who Need Blogging Help

Follow blog by email! Just scroll down and enter your email address on the right side of this page and click Submit button.

Sign In! You can use your google, yahoo or other various accounts offered on this site to login. If you do not have an account offered, you can create a google account (site will walk you through how to do this).

Comment! A comment link will be located below each blog/topic. Ask your fellow bloggers questions and provide recommendations and suggestions. We're here to help one another!

Have Topic Ideas? Send me a message.

Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How a White Noise CD Changed My Life



I thought I've seen it all in terms of baby gadgets and items that claim to calm your baby or put them to sleep, but I never ran across a CD that includes tracks of vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, hair dryer, running water, clothes dryer and electric fan noises.  These sounds are called "white noise" and the CD claims that "your baby and you will love baby white noise..."  Well, I don't particularly "love" listening to a hair dryer.  I'd much rather listen to whatever I have on the TV, but I love that my baby loves it.  It's like a miracle CD.  I tried it for the first time the night of my shower.  He fell asleep instantly. So then, I thought to myself, "Self, it was a coincidence".  He must have just been really tired from all the commotion at the shower, so I tried it again the next night.  Once again, he fell asleep right away with track 3, which was the hair dryer (I skipped to track 3 the first night, and since it worked, I didn't want to try the other tracks). 
Now comes nap time.... would it work or wouldn't it? That was the question. Weeeeelllll.... IT DID! Instantly - 1 second later and he was out!  No bouncing, rocking or rapping "twinkle twinkle little star" on my part necessary.  Amazing!

The CD is "Baby White Noise Sampler CD". 

5 comments:

  1. I will agree that playing white noise has helped my son Marco since he was a month old.

    I bought the Homedics Soundspa from BBB. It has 5 different sounds (Twinkle, Twinkle, Rock-A-Bye-Baby, Cradle Song, Rain, Ocean, and Heartbeat) a rotating picture projector, and a timer (or you can let it play all night long)

    I play it for him for naps as well as all night long. I leave it on the Ocean sound, and with his pacifier, falls right to sleep.

    Before I knew of this sound machine, I used to turn on my blow dryer. The things you do for some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tell you about the sound machine since I didn't see it among all your gifts at the shower and knew you didn't have one. Who would've guessed. If that ever fails you (at some point it probably will.....I know you don't like hearing this!), try taking him to the bathroom and turning on the fan. I think the combo of a really dark room with white noise also magically lulls them to sleep. It worked for me and after about 10 mins, I was able to transfer him into his crib w/ his sound machine on. Aidan was a horrible sleeper so I seriously tried everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie, Did it really put Paolo to sleep right away the first time you tried it??? I bought the same one Jennifer has and Salvo didnt like it at first now he sleeps with it on but im not sure if it helps him sleep or not. His sleep habbits really havent changed from before the sound machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matilda! Yes, it did. I didn't think it would really work when I read what was included in the different tracks. My son doesn't care about the vibration movement and sounds on his swing, bouncy, and bassinet, so I didn't think he'd care about this CD. I just put the volume up a little higher than normal and it almost drowns him out and he just falls asleep. I don't leave it on while he sleeps, I just place him in his bassinet and turn the CD off. If you're son is a little older now, I also read really good reviews on the Precious Planet 2-in-1 Projection Mobile; although, that looks like it would entertain my son too much and keep him awake!

    You should try the sampler CD. I'd be curious to know if it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also use the one from BBB. I know Gia does too!
    We love it. It is on the rain and he uses it for naps and bedtime. Its so portable too! When he sleep over at my moms...we bring it there too! Aside from noise in the room, I think it blocks other noises too: the phone, the dryer,etc

    ReplyDelete