Mommies Who Need Blogging Help

Follow blog by email! Just scroll down and enter your email address on the right side of this page and click Submit button.

Sign In! You can use your google, yahoo or other various accounts offered on this site to login. If you do not have an account offered, you can create a google account (site will walk you through how to do this).

Comment! A comment link will be located below each blog/topic. Ask your fellow bloggers questions and provide recommendations and suggestions. We're here to help one another!

Have Topic Ideas? Send me a message.

Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Facials + Workouts = Clean House

When I thought of taking a leave of absence to care for my son, I knew I'd love every second of it - even his crying fits and figuring out what soothes and calms him.  I had heard from other moms that the 12 weeks would go by fast.  Well, it's definitely going by way too fast.  Although I work from home, I will miss caring for him throughout the day when I start my workdays back up.  The days seem to go by super fast, which I'll admit, I'm a little surprised about.  I thought that my house would be spotless and that I'd spend a lot of time watching TV in between his naps.  Boy, was I wrong! I feel busier than ever between the laundry (I can't believe how fast the washing machine fills up with his little clothes), feeding him, putting him to sleep, cleaning, cooking (although seldom now) and of course, catching up on Facebook and Blogging :)

So, you may be wondering why the title of this blog is "Facials + Workouts = Clean House"?  It's because I recently bought a Shark Portable Steamer. I was actually dying to try it out on my shower grout as well as my bathroom and kitchen tiles.  After giving my son a bath the other day, I had a good 2 hours (surprisingly) to try it out on my kitchen tiles.  As I hunched over on my knees, with raggedy clothes cleaning my tiles like Cinderella, I realized that I was being very efficient.  The steam from the Shark gadget was opening my pores, the constant bending was helping me slim my thighs, the back and forth movement of my arms was helping build my biceps & triceps, and by the end of the 2 hour session with Shark, I got a good workout. So good, in fact, that my thighs and arms were actually a bit sore the next day.  That's what I call being efficient.  Now if I could figure out a way to get a 6-pack without doing crunches, that would be awesome!

Do any of you have stories to share or tips on how to be as efficient as possible?

4 comments:

  1. I just bought the Shark Steamer too, probably will be trying it out for the first time tmrw! So my story is not really about how to be efficient but the title of this blog reminded me how important it is to take sometime for yourself. About a month after Gianna was born I realized my nails, hair and skin looked awful so I started Friday spa day. As often as possible on Friday evenings after Gianna goes to bed I pamper myself. I pour a glass of wine and put a deep moisturizer on my hair, apply a facial mask, and do my nails. It makes me relax and feel prettier for whatever weekend activites we have planned. Just a little suggestion for a mommy time out. :) Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelle, awesome point, and thank you b/c you just reminded me to schedule my hair appointment. I think a color change is calling my name and it will make me feel refreshed after being home so often now! It felt great to order a pair of 4" heels and get them in the mail the other day. Breaks up the deliveries of diapers amd wipes a bit :) Now, I just need to implement Friday spa days. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a hair cut, color, high lites, facial, eye brows, and pedi. and NO TIME.... wish places were open til 10. I wish there were more hours in the day. I dont know how u guys do it with work and baby and house work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only work 3 days a week which is perfect....but I really enjoy my break. Its just enough. I do hair at a salon so I have fun, not to mention I talk to women all day and get some awesome advice. Its like I am blogging all day. I even sometimes get a chance to take care of all mr hair issues! That is my retreat. My husband and I pretty much make plans every sat! Sometimes we have sitters and other times we visit friends with kids. We bring the pack and play and put Nicholas to bed. I really enjoy our date nights too! I try to work out everyday....but as you all know thats not easy especially when the hour nap turns into 20 mins. Damn I just got warmed up and felt the energy to work out! I just put Nick and in the pack and play and continue I then teach him how to count and say abc's as I am doing leg lifts or crunches! Now that is nice out we walk everywhere. Bank, grocery store, post office, u name it. He loves it and sometimes takes an hour nap in stroller! I think it is great that you guys are making time for yourself and your marriages. You and your husband did come first! Its so important and feels great! Makes us better Moms too!

    ReplyDelete