Mommies Who Need Blogging Help

Follow blog by email! Just scroll down and enter your email address on the right side of this page and click Submit button.

Sign In! You can use your google, yahoo or other various accounts offered on this site to login. If you do not have an account offered, you can create a google account (site will walk you through how to do this).

Comment! A comment link will be located below each blog/topic. Ask your fellow bloggers questions and provide recommendations and suggestions. We're here to help one another!

Have Topic Ideas? Send me a message.

Enjoy!

Friday, August 31, 2012

"mompetition"

Found this article to be really amusing. During one of P's dr's visits several months ago, I was asked if he knew 10 words (or something close to that). Suddenly, I felt somewhat speechless. I was unprepared to answer this question. I felt like I failed as a mom (well, not really). I mean, to not count and recall every word your child knows prior to a dr visit is just so wrong. Obviously being facetious.

So, I found myself racking my brain trying to think of all the words a 9 month old could possibly know: "papa", "ball", "Paolo" (or more like 'Paaaaooo'). I just couldn't think of 10 words.  Of course after the visit I called my husband, sister and some others who are close to P and asked them to help me think of all the words he knows. My sister made the situation amusing. She definitely mentioned words he did know, but from what I recall, also snuck in some words he definitely didn't know!  Anyway, I wanted to share this blog post. I love one of the comments regarding mompetition. Luckily, I don't know any friends or moms who have tried to have a mompetition with me :)

http://www.mamapedia.com/voices/how-many-words-does-your-child-have





No comments:

Post a Comment